HDBRTS Logo
HDBRTS Logo
HDBRTS Logo
LITTLE ABOUT US

Hubli-Dharwad BRTS Company , a Government of Karnataka Undertaking, has been registered as a Company under the Companies act on 7th May 2012. The Company has been established by the Government of Karnataka for the specific purpose of implementation of BRTS project in the twin cities of Hubli and Dharwad.

The Company has an authorized share capital of INR 20 Cr., out of which 70% is the share of Government of Karnataka and the remaining 30% is shared by Hubli-Dharwad Municipal Corporation (HDMC), North-Western Karnataka Road Transport Corporation (NWKRTC) and Hubli- Dharwad Urban Development Authority (HDUDA). The Company’s affairs are managed by a Board of Directors. Implementation of various components of Hubli- Dharwad BRTS project has already started and the Bus rapids transit system is expected to be commissioned by 2017.

VISION

To transform Hubli- Dharwad as the most livable and sustainable city in the region through creation of safe, affordable and world class bus rapid transit infrastructure and services, with focus on commuter comfort and convenience, integration of modes and information technology.

MISSION

Our mission is to ensure successful implementation of the Hubli- Dharwad BRTS project with desired quality and standards by 2017.

OBJECTIVES

To plan for the sustainable development of the city through the process of scientific land use and transport planning integration.

To make Public transport attractive, convenient and preferred choice of the citizens.

To promote walking and cycling as preferred modes for short distances and improve the related infrastructure.

To build capacities within the city for professional planning and management of urban transport and urban planning.

To promote participation of citizens in planning process.